Perceptions - Mila's Short Story #2

"a lemon." said her.
"an orange." said him.
"a grapefruit." said the horticulturalist.


Mila


I am just so frustrated. I don't even know what he was thinking. I wish I could read what's inside someone else's mind.


the day before

My brother birthday party is this Saturday. Me and Fika desperately need someone to help us to look for a perfect birthday present for Vincent. I was thinking of asking Andy to accompany me and Fika. We even think that Andy should come to our small family dinner. Vincent would love to talk about his favorite soccer team with Andy, as Andy himself loves soccer! I am sure our parents will love him too.


Wednesday evening

M : Hey, what is your plan for tomorrow?
A : Not sure yet. Probably meeting an old friend. Why? You wanna go out somewhere?
M : Actually, Vincent birthday is this weekend, me and Fika were thinking of looking present together for him.
A : Oh, cool.
M : Do you wanna join us? It would be such a great help since me and Fika don't really understand about guy's preference :)
A : I don't think so, I think I better do my own stuff, enjoy your evening with Fika, she is rarely in town right?
M : Oh, alright, thanks, enjoy yours too!

M : Anyway, you should come to our dinner on Saturday. Mom and Dad would like to have you. Vincent will be so excited he finally has someone to talk about soccer! LOL

A : Listen honey, I would like to come, but it is supposed to be a family dinner right? Why don't you help me to say my regards to all of them? :) Thanks for the invitation anyway!

M : Sure... I'll tell them :)


Does he even serious with me? I was never once rejected his invitation of meeting all his friends or family or whoever it is. He even said the same thing last week when I asked him to meet Brenda, my best friend since high school. I would like to let him know more about me, about my life, about people around me. Am I moving too fast? I mean, I don't mind to introduce him as a friend if he does not want to expose this too early. I am cool with that. But all the sayings, that he wanna be with me, that he loves me, that he thinks I am a great match for him, where all those suppose to be proven? And he seems like to keep our relationship private. I can't help not to think that he isn't serious. I think he is afraid of people perception towards me and him...



Andy


Mila just texted me. She asked me to accompany her to buy a present with her little sister. She asked me to come to her family dinner. Wow. This is too much? I mean, I don't know how should I react. Am I supposed to be happy because that means she finally loves me back? Part of me is afraid. Afraid of being deeper into a relationship that I am not really sure of. Not that I don't love her. I keep thinking about her. I keep missing her. I always wanna spend my days with her. I know I love her.



Last week Mom called me. She asked about her but I just kept quiet. I don't like others to interfere. I mean, I don't know yet. It's too early to be announced. I can live my own life, I just don't want my family to worry about my personal life. I can take care of my own. I am already occupied for office's presentation next week. I don't need any other complication.


A : Hey, sorry, it was Mom just now.
M : Oh, never mind, what did she say?
A : Just asking where I am and what I am doing.
M : Oh, and then?
A : Yeah I said I am currently having lunch with you.
M : That's all?
A : Yeah.

I noticed Mila seems worried after I hang up the phone. Perhaps she heard what Mom said? Or probably scared of Mom being such a nuisance of keep asking about her? Oh Mom ruins this date.




Comments

Popular Posts