Emptying my Glass

i have a glass.
a glass that used to be empty.
a glass that was full lately.
i was so grateful that i have something to drink.
something to drink when i am thirsty.
i love this liquid a lot.
i love the taste it brings.
my journey goes on.
until one day.
i coughed.
and i noticed blood from my cough.
i love this liquid.
i really do.
but why am i bleeding?
then i realized this liquid was not meant for my body system.
it poisoned me inside.
at first i think.
i have a great immune system.
i can contain this liquid.
but i bleed.
and i am going to die.
die because this liquid does not make me stronger on my journey.
it made me worse by bleeding day by day.
so then i decided to pour the liquid out.
the liquid that i love.
my glass is empty again.
let me have nothing to drink for now.
at least my body will remain in this state.
i'll wait.
til my glass is filled again.

Comments

Popular Posts